Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blogging in Math

During the Web 2.0 session I presented this weekend, while the humanities teachers could see how blogging could fit into their instruction, the math teachers didn't see as great a benefit. This morning someone sent me this terrific example of blogging being used in high school math that I will definitely share next time: Honors Algebra II. For each class a different student is assigned to be "scribe" and explain - both in writing and images - how to solve a challenge problem. The same teacher also has his own blog about his teaching: Mr. Higgins' Blog. I love the YouTube video here of e + pi on a date.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your great comments. I am really enjoying getting the students together. Please feel free to comment on my students work. I really think the students will get a kick out of people commenting on their work on the internet.

Chris Higgins
Mr. Higgins' Blog